PONO KAI RESORT REMAINS CLOSED TO NEW ARRIVALS
Per the Mayor’s Emergency Rule #9, the 14-day mandatory self-quarantine remains in effect through July 31, 2020 (subject to change). All out of state persons traveling to the County of Kaua’i shall be subject to mandatory self-quarantine.
HOW TO SELF QUARANTINE
You must stay in your visitor lodging/home to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 to other people.
- Do not use shared facilities such as pools, spas, gyms, restaurants, or bars
- You may not rent a car, whether through a rental car company, online service or through a peer-to-peer platform or car-sharing service
- Ask someone to drop off food and other necessities at your front door or order room service (if available)
- Do not go to public places such as the beach, work, school, shopping centers, childcare, or local attractions
- Do not let visitors in – only people who usually live with you should be in your home
TRAVEL FLEXIBILITY FOR OUR OWNERS
We remain committed to offering our owners flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances, we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies.
- 2020 Use Time Reservations: if using your 2020 Use Time reservations that are scheduled for arrival prior to July 31, 2020, these may be changed, carried forward to 2021 or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- 2019 Freedom Plus Reservations: If you have a 2019 Freedom Plus (carry over) reservation for arrival prior to July 31, 2020, these reservations may be cancelled or changed to use another date within 2020. If you cannot use the week at the Pono Kai in 2020, we would encourage you to rebook a week for later in the year and deposit it with one of the Exchange companies. The Exchange companies typically give you 2-3 years to use your time. We cannot carry your 2019 week into 2021 as this may cause inventory issues.
- Bonus Time: Bonus Time reservations may also be cancelled inside the typical 7-day cancellation window if an owner opts to cancel.
- New Reservations: At this time, we will not take any new reservations for arrival before July 31, 2020.
As the situation around the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we will continue to closely monitor the guidance from government agencies, including the World Health Organization and the CDC and we will continue to follow their direction as new information is released. Things are changing day-to-day.
If you need to adjust reservations made for arrival during this timeframe, please contact the Owner Services Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to adjust reservations made through another site, please contact them directly for assistance.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Please do not hesitate should you have any questions.
Mahalo, Pono Kai Management Team