PRE- AND POST-TRAVEL TESTING PROGRAM FOR KAUAI
- Book and stay at an Enhanced Movement Quarantine (EMQ) or “Resort Bubble” property. List of Resort Bubble properties can be found at: https://kauaiforward.com/travel/
- Must take a pre-test, with negative results, 72 hours prior to the final leg of departure of their trip to Kaua‘i. If test results are pending – must quarantine in room until test results are received.
- The COVID-19 test does not need to be from a Trusted Travel Partner, but needs to be a NAAT (PCR or Rapid) or antigen test from a lab with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (Antibody tests will not be accepted). All testing costs will be the responsibility of the traveler(s).
- Traveler can transit to Kaua‘i via a neighbor island if they do not leave secured airport area.
- No car rental allowed during the 72 hrs in the Resort Bubble.
- Need to quarantine for 72 hrs. in a resort bubble. Take a rapid antigen (or same day) test after 72 hrs, receive a negative result, and you are out of quarantine. Need to check with the Resort Bubble for testing requirements, location, costs, and notification of test results. This “early out” option ONLY applies to those staying in a Resort Bubble at this time.
- Suggest travelers save their boarding pass for confirmation of arrival date just as a back-up (others businesses/activities may ask for confirmation of arrival date).
- If anyone tests positive, they need to contact the Dept. of Health at (808) 241-3387. IMPORTANT / Quarantine timing: Dept. of Health (DOH) is using 24 hrs from arrival = Day 1 Ex: You arrive at 7 pm on Jan. 1st then 7 pm on Jan. 2nd = Completion of Day One.
- If you stay at a resort bubble property without taking a pre-test before arrival to Kaua‘i, you will be subject to the full mandatory 10-day quarantine and will not be able to leave your room. A post-test on Kaua‘i will not shorten the 10-day quarantine.
IF NOT STAYING IN A RESORT BUBBLE:
- If traveler does not stay at a resort bubble property, they may choose to stay at a qualified quarantine property and will be subject to a full 10-day quarantine . List of quarantine properties can be found at: https://kauaiforward.com/travel/
- Residents may quarantine at their residence for 10 days. No tests are required.
- Staying at a TVR (or AirBnB) while in quarantine is not allowed.
With a 10-day quarantine, you are out of quarantine on Day 11. Day 1 Ex: You arrive at 7 pm on Jan. 1st then 7 pm on Jan. 2nd = Completion of Day One
Please visit the tourism website for more information on the requirements to travel:
TRAVEL FLEXIBILITY FOR OUR OWNERS
We remain committed to offering our owners flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances, we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies.
- 2021 Use Time Reservations: if using your 2021 Use Time reservations that are scheduled for arrival prior to March 1, 2021, these may be changed, carried forward to 2022 or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- 2020 Freedom Plus Reservations: If you have a 2020 Freedom Plus (carry over) reservation for arrival prior to March 1, 2020, these reservations may be cancelled or changed to use another date within 2021. If you cannot use the week at the Pono Kai in 2021, we would encourage you to rebook a week for later in the year and deposit it with one of the Exchange companies. The Exchange companies typically give you 2-3 years to use your time. We cannot carry your 2020 week into 2022 as this may cause inventory issues.
- Bonus Time: Bonus Time reservations may also be cancelled inside the typical 7-day cancellation window if an owner opts to cancel.
As the situation around the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we will continue to closely monitor the guidance from government agencies, including the World Health Organization and the CDC and we will continue to follow their direction as new information is released. Things are changing day-to-day.
If you need to adjust reservations made for arrival during this timeframe, please contact the Owner Services Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to adjust reservations made through another site, please contact them directly for assistance.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Please do not hesitate should you have any questions.
Mahalo, Pono Kai Management Team