Effective 4/1/20: Interisland travelers added to mandatory 14-day quarantine!
In addition to the previous quarantine order, Governor David Ige announced that the 14-day quarantine is being expanded to include interisland travelers as well (see link below):
On March 21, 2020, Governor David Ige ordered arrivals on the Hawaiian islands to undergo a 14-day quarantine starting Thursday, March 26, 2020. Arriving guests will be mandated to 14-day quarantine in their hotels, etc.
Please see link below for more information:
For this reason and until further notice, the Pono Kai Resort will not be accepting arrivals/check in guests beginning March 26, 2020.
The safety and well-being of our owners, guests and associates is our number one priority. We are doing everything that we can to provide the safest and most enjoyable experience possible under these circumstances. We wanted to advise you of the current status of the resort and the island of Kauai. Please know that as the situations changes, so will our plans. As of March 19, 2020, we have adjusted the following operations at the resort for the owners and guests who are already at the resort:
Reduced housekeeping services
- Our team will provide full service cleans of units after departure and before arrivals only.
- We will continue to provide fresh towels during your stay – If you need new towels, you will be asked to contact the housekeeping department to submit a request and we will have you place the dirty towels outside your door in a bag and we will place a clean set in a bag outside your door.
- Mid-week service, special, & daily cleans will be suspended until further notice – Our team will not enter your unit for housekeeping during your stay.
- The pool and spa area will remain closed at all times.
- The workout room will be closed at all times.
- On-site activities desk will be closed at all times.
If on site, please observe our current social distancing recommendations and the following public area guidelines during your stay:
Please maintain a minimum of 6 feet between your group and others at the following:
- BBQ Areas
- Lobby Seating
- All Other Public Areas
Island of Kauai
Please note that in addition to the mandatory quarantine for new arrivals, there is a daily curfew for those already on the island from 9PM-5AM. Restaurants, bars, parks and activity venues have shut down on the island and additional closures may be forthcoming.
For more information regarding Covid-19 and the State of Hawaii, visit: https://health.hawaii.gov/docd/advisories/
Travel Flexibility for our owners
We remain committed to offering you flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances, we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies.
- 2020 Use Time Reservations: if using your 2020 Use Time reservations that are scheduled for arrival prior to April 30, 2020, these may be changed, carried forward to 2021 or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- 2019 Freedom Plus Reservations: If you have a 2019 Freedom Plus (carry over) reservation for arrival prior to April 30, 2020, these reservations may be cancelled or changed to use another date within 2020. If you cannot use the week at the Pono Kai in 2020, we would encourage you to rebook a week for later in the year and deposit it with one of the Exchange companies. The Exchange companies typically give you 2-3 years to use your time. We cannot carry your 2019 week into 2021 as this may cause inventory issues.
- Bonus Time: Bonus Time reservations may also be cancelled inside the typical 7-day cancellation window if an owner opts to cancel.
- New Reservations: At this time, we will not take any new reservations for arrival before April 30, 2020.
As the situation around the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we will continue to closely monitor the guidance from government agencies, including the World Health Organization and the CDC and we will continue to follow their direction as new information is released. Things are changing day-to-day.
If you need to adjust reservations made for arrival during this timeframe, please contact the Owner Services Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to adjust reservations made through another site, please contact them directly for assistance.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Please do not hesitate should you have any questions.
Mahalo, Pono Kai Management Team